Sometimes, however much we care about our families, being with them day in and day out can be very stressful, particularly if we can’t get out and about as we would do normally. Worries about being short of money and the practicalities of getting food are also putting families under pressure.
There has been media coverage of the rise in domestic abuse that has affected adults and children since the start of the vital campaign for social distancing and self-isolation during this difficult time.
If you have concerns for your own safety, then it is important to be aware that if you need to leave your house for help then this is allowed under the lockdown. You can still contact the police in an emergency.
If you are worried for yourself, or for a loved one, neighbour or another person, you may find the websites below helpful. If you need to speak to one of our team, then please contact the surgery using e-consult, or call us on (01395) 224555
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247
- NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000 If you’re worried about a child, even if you’re unsure, contact NSPCC professional counsellors for help, advice and support.
- Childine: 0800 1111: Offers free, confidential advice and support for any child 18 years or under, whatever the worry.
- MIND: Mental Health Support with specific advice on 'Coronavirus and your well-being'.
- YoungMinds: Supporting children and young people and their parents/carers with their mental health and wellbeing. Specific advice on managing self-isolation and anxiety about coronavirus.
- ICON: Babies cry: You can cope.
- SafeLives: Specific resources for domestic abuse and COVID.
- IRISi interventions
INDEX - Coronavirus
Following latest Government guidelines regarding the Omicron variants, England is now on Alert level Four. This is because this variant is multiplying rapidly. Immediate steps are now needed to get our whole community vaccinated. We have been asked to clinically prioritise our services to free up maximum capacity to support the COVID-19 Programme.
Woodbury Exmouth and Budleigh Practices are now able to provide COVID 19 Booster vaccines from their OWN practices for patients who are eligible to have the COVID-19 Booster.
We are operating a booking system and you will be sent a text message asking you to contact the surgery to book.
Stay safe and get your vaccination before Christmas.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.