Service We Provide
To ensure that you get the best treatment available, we regularly monitor the therapy of those patients with long-term conditions.
We may invite you to make an appointment with your doctor or specialist nurse if changes may be appropriate.
With some conditions – such as asthma and diabetes – regular checks are essential to detect changes, at least once or twice a year.
Minor surgery procedures such as joint injections and implants can be carried out at the surgery by doctors. Regular clinics for the treatment of warts are undertaken. Please enquire at reception for the next available session.
You can obtain emergency contraception from any of the local pharmacies. Alternatively, you can see the Doctor.
Emergency contraception pills need to be started within seventy-two hours of unprotected sex. A coil can be fitted up to five days after unprotected sex.
Cervical screening is offered to all women between 25 and 64. Regular screening every 3-5 years is the best way to detect changes to the cervix early. Early detection and treatment can prevent cancer
Vaccinations and Immunisations
We provide a range of vaainations and immunisations at the surgery
We offer fittings for coils and implants.
Please book and appointment with a GP to discuss
The Centre Exmouth Dewdney Unit (sexual health clinic)
Alternatively did you know The Centre Exmouth is open every Thursday from 1.20-3pm and 4-7pm at the Dewdney Unit. There is a doctor and a specialist nurse every week.
They offer both appointments and an emergency-only drop in service.
Please call 01392 284982 or 01392 284983 and ask for an Exmouth appointment or call in on a Thursday afternoon / evening.
- Information and advice on contraception and sexual health related problems.
- Emergency contraception up to 5 days after unprotected sex (and sometimes beyond).
- All methods of contraception including: Pills Patches Injections Implants Coils – IUDs/IUS
- Free Condoms
- Unplanned Pregnancy testing
- Unplanned pregnancy advice and onwards referral
- Advice and Information about fertility and sterilisation.
- Testing for all sexually transmitted infections, including HIV.
- Diagnosis and treatment of warts, herpes, male urethritis, bacterial vaginosis, 'thrush' (candida), Chlamydia
- Hepatitis vaccination where appropriate