Ways 2 Wellbeing
Would you like to feel more motivated, confident and in control of your own wellbeing? ...
Are there things you want to be doing more of to live well?
- Your time,
- Your words,
- Your presence
- Talk & Listen,
- Be there,
- Feel connected
- Remember the simple things that give you joy
- Do what you can,
- Enjoy what you do,
- Move your mood
- Embrace new experiences,
- See opportunities
‘Ways2Wellbeing’ offers one to one health coaching sessions, for you to take the first steps towards a better wellbeing…
‘Ways2Wellbeing’ is a social prescription scheme: social prescription focuses on those areas of our wellbeing that could be best supported through non-medical, community involvement/support, including the daily activities we choose to take part in.
When asking ourselves, ‘What do we want to do more of to live well?’, turning these thoughts into actions may present a challenge; we may experience many personal barriers, such as low motivation, confidence and self-belief.
A coach will aim to help you to:
- Reflect on what is important to you
- Set your own personal Living Well Goals based on what you feel well help improve your wellbeing
- Recognise the skills and strengths you have within yourself to overcome the barriers and achieve your goals
- Feel content with the life you lead
- Improve your confidence and resilience to face life’s challenges independently in the future
What could Social Prescription mean to you?
- Connecting with friends/family
- Connecting with nature
- Getting out and about
How can I work with a ‘Ways2Wellbeing’ coach?
- Contact your GP: Contact your GP for a discussion about accessing the ‘Ways2Wellbeing’ scheme. If it is the right decision for you, your GP can then make a referral on your behalf.
- A Health and Wellbeing Coach will contact you: One of our coaches will aim to contact you within 7 working days of receiving your referral, to discuss what you hope to gain from the scheme and to book an appointment.
- Kick start your journey to a better wellbeing You can work with a coach for approximately 6-8 sessions; this will involve setting your own SMART goals and an ongoing review of your progress and achievements.
To make sure your goals are clear and reachable, each one should be:
- Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
- Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
- Achievable (agreed, attainable).
- Relevant (reasonable, realistic and results-based).
- Time bound (time-based, timely, time-sensitive).
Ways2Wellbeing funding partners are Royal Devon & Exeter NHS Foundation Trust, Devon County Council, LED Leisure Management Ltd and our Primary Care Networks.